Friday, February 6, 2009

Liberal Media Bias Evident Even in 'Balanced' Papers

No wonder nationwide circulations are declining. There's no longer any mystery as to why "internet offers" are spouting '52 weeks for $52 Specials', or the newer, more appealing two-year (pre-paid) lock-in rate of '$104 for 104 weeks' for the locally monopolized newsprint is practically giving away their pride and effort; no matter the gimmick or giveaway, readers simply aren't buying it. They're getting smarter, and wanting more journalistic integrity rather than ideological ranting by condescending, know-it-all commentators. You never know; before long, they just might be offering to pay YOU to read their hidden agendas. Recently, the Las Vegas-based Review-Journal Newspaper, owned by the Stephens Media Group, exposed themselves yet again on the front page of their very own Nevada section on Saturday, February 10th, 2007. The headline read, "Score one for Buckley, zero for Gibbons in first week of new job", where writer Jane Ann Morrison, whose liberal-charged column appears three times weekly, offers her own contemptuous anecdotal of new Republican Governor-elect Jim Gibbons' 'sadly misguided, temultuous first week' in office's failures as compared against the likes of Assembly Speaker Barbara Buckley's first 'awe-inspiring' week in office, in which she merely introduced more than 70 bills in which 'substantive' hearings have been held. Did I miss something, or are these elected positions adversarial ones, or at the very least competitive, or is this simply an opportunistic 'hit-job'?
As she opines in the typical, liberal mud-slinging modus-operandi, Morrison attacks Gibbons' family history by mocking his "hand tremors", which have caused confusion and growing concern over Gibbons' medical condition (and possible Parkinson's disease) in the past, which have lingered because he has not given his physician permission to speak publicly about his health and refuses to release his medical records. (I guess she feels that's his own fault for not clarifying things.)
Still needing more blood to satisfy her cravings, she goes on to mention his wife's "booze ban" at the Mansion to bring on further satirical 'shock-value' (and credibility) to her column.
In addition to the mere plug for advocating Buckley's possible run for the Governor's Office in 2010, where the seat isn't even warm yet; Morrison goes on to spew the myriad of liberal bias seen in every facet of the (blatantly obvious) Las Vegas Sun's "Conservative Counterpart" Review-Journal editorials. As if it isn't enough to suggest the reader's aren't capable of discerning themselves what is and isn't a traditional or liberal viewpoint, we're expected to believe that (along with a pre-paid subscription of the LVRJ; where the LV Sun comes involuntarily included) the first-elected Democratic (female) Speaker's "serious and praiseworthy" speech was without any hidden agenda.
No, Jane Ann, we reserve those talking points for those disingenuious 'columnists' who do their bidding for them, such as yourself.
In the midst of the bash-the-Republicans commentary, Morrison barely manages to point out a single positive about the newly-elected Governor of our state; perhaps because the focus from her view was too dark...
But I digress. Can we take a local media giant, such as the Review-Journal (or the LV Sun, for that matter, since we must receive it with delivery), where the journalistic viewpoint is so lopsided and one-dimensional, seriously at all? How with all the hidden editorials disguised as commentary ridden throughout the paper can one ever read with an open mind when it's all but between the lines that the secular-progressive movement has infiltrated and overrun yet another monopolized print agency?
As for me, I quit my subscription early last year, and I encourage and advise everyone else to do the same. I contacted customer service, the editor, and publisher about the pervasive liberal content permeating throughout the 'alleged, balanced' R-J, and was told to tolerate it. When I later contacted the R-J to unsubscribe to the hate-filled, fanatical-left infested LV Sun last June and was told I must receive it as part of my regular subscription, I'd had enough. As anyone who's read either paper knows, there's a candle burning at both ends there. I put it down as fast as possible to avoid getting burned any more (at least economically) than I already had.

No comments: