Thursday, March 5, 2009

6th Grade Sex Scandal, Secular Progressives "Understand"

Last December in Warren, Indianapolis (Indiana), two sixth-graders at Raymond Park Middle School had sex in a classroom, with other children as well as the teacher present.

Yesterday, March 13, Warren residents blasted Dr. Peggy Hinckley, School Superintendent, in a public board meeting in which many called for her resignation. The School Board stood stoicly defiant, condescendingly shaking their heads as the applause for resignation among parents resonated the building.

Dawning of a Newer Education:

After the meeting concluded, Ms. Hinckley was confronted by Jesse Watters of FoxNews. When asked if the teacher had been punished at all for his incompetence in allowing such an act to occur in his classroom, Ms. Hinckley responded, "No, because we didn't determine the teacher had any misconduct." When pressed that it happened on the teacher's watch, she claimed, "It did. And when there's a fight that occurs on a teacher's watch, we don't punish the teacher because two students engaged in a fight." Most disturbingly, her response to whether or not the sex between the students was protected or unprotected, she said "I wasn't there, sir. So I don't know the answer to that, I don't know the details of that, I don't know that even we would be asking those kind of questions in the investigation to know that."

Obviously displeased with her cavalier answers, Mr. Watters then asked if she, specifically should be concerned if it was unprotected sex, and she indifferently chided, "I think the families need to be concerned about that."

Apparently Ms. Hinckley has better things to do than conduct an investigation or bear concern for the children in the district which she supervises.

While the students involved in the act have since been expelled, it's hard not to feel sorry for them as a result of the undisciplined, reckless upbringings they must have.

Alarming as it may seem, one major component to this story is the lack of reportage from the national media, due to the fact that it reflects poorly on the secular-progressive atmosphere that has infiltrated so many school districts across the country.

Two mothers of the S-P crowd, Jennie Kaiser and Karen Lowry, both have children in the Warren Township School District. In an appearance on "The O'Reilly Factor" (FoxNews, 5 & 8 p.m., PT) today, both parents sounded off in what appeared to be a self-scripted diatribe, showing their "understanding" of the childrens' behavior.

A Lesson in Secular-Progressive Thought:

O'Reilly: "You have a sixth-grade son. Could you ever imagine, in his classroom, two of his peers having sexual intercourse at or under their desk?"

Ms. Kaiser: "No. Um, its shocking. But, I'm not naive enough to think that it's not going to happen."

O'Reilly: "Wait, wait wait. I don't think that I'm a naive guy, I don't think that this happens very often, and if it does, this country is in big trouble. So you say you're not naive enough to think this was not gonna happen, these are eleven-year-old children in the charge of a certified teacher, madam."

Ms. Kaiser: "Hey! They were 12-year olds. And they were in charge, there was a teacher there. Um, I put myself in his position. He is in charge of 32 students. He's not God, he can't be everywhere every minute. He did the job to the best of his ability, and I, that's my opinion on it."

O'Reilly: "As a former teacher who had fifty students in his class, that's me, I can't imagine this happening in any class that I was ever associated with. How do you see it, Karen?"

Ms. Lowry: "Um, I do think it is also shocking, I have a sixth-grade son, myself, and I could not imagine, no I could not. I don't feel that I'm naive, but when the story broke, I did look at my 12-year old, and you know, I just shook my head out of shockness, I, you know, thinking that something like this could even go through their minds. As far as the teacher, I don't believe that he should be punished for anything, that um, as soon as he found out he took appropriate action, and went about the appropriate steps."

O'Reilly: "I hate to be graphic, but I have to ladies, this action took place in about a five-minute period of time. If you're in a classroom and you've got kids looking out, and you don't know what your students are doing for five minutes, you don't deserve to be in that classroom."

Over the remainder of the interview, Bill (O'Reilly) posed to the women whether or not they were shocked when Board Supervisor Dr. Hinckley said she didn't even know the details of the situation. Their respective responses were, "Maybe she does, and she's just not reporting it. I don't feel like she's lying. These things are going to happen", and "She may not." Hardly an assuring position from two concerned, caring parents.

Cover-Up Exposed:

The story was uncovered today that not only was a full investigation overlooked, but the School Board apparently attempted to hide and cover up the incident altogether, until exposed by the (FoxNews) press. The 'Big Media' and their ilk continue to sit this one out.

Let's hope this was an isolated incident. Let's hope the two parents learn to better understand the protection of their children. Let's hope FoxNews continues to champion the untold stories of child exploitation around the country that some parents and Superintendents (and media) alike are willing to turn away from; after all, in Ms. Kaiser's own misguided words, this is only a 'negative' story "not where or when it happened, but the fact that it happened, depending on what light" its viewed from.

The only responsible light on this view is for the teacher and Superintendent to step down, or the people of Warren, Indianapolis (Indiana) to not accept anything less than their resignations.

No comments: