I just want to take a minute to thank those who have continually supported my blog by returning day after day, week after week... despite my continued absence and lack of writing. I've had a lot going on, especially during this tough economic time, and though my intentions were to Publish more, I've just been unable to "put pen to paper" and get it done. I've recorded hours and hours of news coverage for various stories for months, and am just now getting back into my game...
I know I've taken a large break these past few months, and especially during a High-Profile Election Season; and I'm ashamed to have put this issue on the "back burner" and sat out Analyzing the Media's Coverage.
Admittedly, I watch and subscribe to the Independent and Republican-natured slant of FOXNews over all others, but I DO watch CNN, CBS and NBC fairly regularly. Of these mentioned, the coverage has shown that the last three here have eagerly supported the most Liberal Senator in History as the next President of the United States, while FOXNews has favored McCain and his Traditional views, but at least has a more "balanced" news coverage.
I've noticed and debated many (Democrats) on whether or not this is true, and have come to one conclusion; Ann Coulter said it best in her book (How to Talk to a Liberal, if you Must)... There's no point; it's just not worth it.
They say Politics and Religion are the two Hottest, button-pushing topics to discuss, and this Election Year has proven it truer than I've ever known.
I've personally come to conclude that hardcore Liberals (and Party-Line Democrats) will just continue to cite the usual "Talking Points" lines that make up their belief structure, and it's better to bang your head on a loose nail in the wall (Side Note: I've never really done this, and I'm not advocating it; unless you're discussing Politics with a Liberal).
I'm going to attempt to break down and analyze, in the Fairest Fashion I can, the Past and Present, pressing issues concerning the Candidates and Issues this winding-down Election Cycle.
It hasn't been an easy choice, which is why I've yet to endorse anyone, other than attend a "rally" hosted by former Mass. Gov. Mitt Romney on behalf of GOP Candidate John McCain, which I admit I attended just to get a glimpse of the almost-nominated Conservative, whom I'd ardently supported until the Mainstream, Drive-By Media chose the Republican candidate for the country.
It's amazing the influence the media can have in shaping the minds of those that aren't aware of what's being pushed on them; much like subliminal advertising (now outlawed) once did. It isn't difficult, however, to manipulate those who are easily led astray; hypnotists will tell you that no one can be hypnotized who doesn't first want to be. Don't take personally when, in the upcoming articles, I refer to many Americans as "Sheep". I believe many of us are; and are made up of those not concerned, aware, or engaged enough in the processes that drive the State of our Nation or that of the World as a whole. More importantly, too many aren't "blessed" with the Cognitive Ability enough to understand what's going on (as described in Daniel J. Flynn's book, "Intellectual Morons... How Ideology Makes Smart People Fall For Stupid Ideas"), which in turn causes (oftentimes) otherwise smart people to fall into what's become the equivalent of a "Presidential, Pop-Culture" driven media frenzy.
Remember: this is an Open blog, so feel free to contribute. Write in or Subscribe: Your Identity is Always Protected and will Never, under any circumstances, be sold, shared or traded.
(Originally posted 10/17/08 on NationsPatriot.com)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment